Probate Legal Counsel You Can Trust
PUT 100+ YEARS’ SHARED EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU: 248-630-3671
Our team of dedicated attorneys handles complex cases including will and trust problems with relatives and stepfamily, business and partnership issues and a wide variety of other probate disputes. When you need an experienced attorney and aggressive representation, contact Gudeman & Associates, P.C., to get a knowledgeable advocate on your side.
Estate Planning, Litigation, Powers Of Attorney, Wills And Trusts
At Gudeman & Associates, P.C., we have some of southeast Michigan’s most experienced estate and probate lawyers. We have helped thousands of clients and their families throughout southeast Michigan, Macomb, Oakland, Wayne, Washtenaw and Livingston get the help they deserve – let us help you.
The Gudeman & Associates, P.C., probate practice includes:
- Appeal of Judgement or Orders
- Asset Ownership Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Business & Partnership Issues
- Claims Against Fiduciaries
- Contests Will or Trust
- Debtors, Creditors & Probate
- Guardians & Conservators
- Michigan Estate Law
- Probate Administration
- Resolving Competency Disputes
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
What Is Probate?
Probate is the legal process whereby a will is “proved” in a court and accepted as a valid public document that it is the true last will and testament of the deceased. In other words it does the following:
- It proves the deceased person’s will is valid.
- It appoints a personal representative for a decedent.
- It protects your heirs and beneficiaries.
- It identifies and inventories the deceased property.
- It has the property appraised.
- It pays off debts and taxes.
- It arranges for the settlement of disputes among claimants.
- It distributes the remaining property as the will directs.
Typically, probate involves paperwork and court appearances by lawyers. The lawyers and court fees are paid from estate property, which would otherwise go to the people who inherit the deceased person’s property.
There are some disadvantages to probate:
- Probate can be an extremely costly manner of transferring your assets
- The process can very time consuming
- Probate court proceedings are basically inflexible
Comprehensive Estate Planning Services
We specialize in creating custom estate planning solutions for each of our clients. Our team of legal professionals will help you plan for the future with comprehensive legal services including the formation of wills, trusts, family LLCs, special needs planning, probate, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, and more. Get peace of mind knowing that your family is taken care and that your estate planning has been completed correctly.
You Don’t Have To Go Through Probate Alone. Contact Us For A Consultation.
Legal matters involving estate planning and probate are difficult, not only because they involve complex legal concepts but also because they deal with personal relationships and challenging emotions. For 50 years, the attorneys of Gudeman & Associates, P.C. have guided clients through these issues while protecting what matters most to them.